What is Duplicate Files Searcher?
Duplicate Files Searcher is a free powerful clean up utility that will help you to find and delete duplicate files and clean up your computer. The program can be used, for instance, as a Windows clean up utility, disk clean up, duplicate finder or remover etc. It can also be used to calculate MD5 and SHA hashes. The software runs in Windows, Linux, Solaris andMacOS.
What are the key features of the Duplicate Files Searcher?
The most important features are:
- absolutely unique feature that makes it possible to find duplicates not only within one computer but also among many computers or CD, DVD etc.,
- saving and loading searching results,
- Easy to use graphical user interface,
- No limitations on number of files, file size, folders or drives,
- Works with all removable media devices such as floppy disk, CD/DVD ROM, USB devices, etc.
- Manual files selection which gives a user the full control over files to be deleted,
- Byte for byte files comparison. It ensures 100% accuracy.
- Files preview,
- Several files comparison methods,
- The software uses Java Runtime Environment.
Where to download Duplicate Files Searcher?
Click the Download link above.
What are the system requirements for Duplicate Files Searcher?
Since DFS (duplicates finder) is entirely written in Java it requires Java Runtime Environment Standard Edition (JRE SE) installed on your computer. The minimum required Java version is 1.5. Go to FAQ section to learn where you can download the latest JRE version for your operating system.
How to launch Duplicate Files Searcher?
All you need to do is to double-click on the dfsfull.jar. The other method is to type in the comand-line:
java -jar dfsfull.jar
How to use Duplicate Files Searcher?
The Duplicate Files Searcher is an easy-to-use application but if you would like to know more read the manual on how to remove duplicates.
Does Duplicate Files Searcher support non-English languages?
Currently Duplicate Files Searcher supports English, French, German and Polish. If you are fluent in a non-English language and would like to translate Duplicate Files Searcher, send a message (including your e-mail) to me using Contact the author menu in the program. As a reward I will add a link to your website.
About the developers
The chief developer is Rafał‚ Frączek. The other contributors are: Philippe Noel Laurent, Daniel Werner and Matys-Studio
DFS is going to be released for mobile devices running. All your feedback (comments, feature requests, bug reports, etc.) is appreciated.